Thursday, December 1, 2011

The First *Snow* and Thanksgiving Thaw



I am behind----Let me catch up before the task becomes too daunting!

We had our first official snow! The kids were so excited about all the options little people dream of when the ground turns white... building snowmen, snow angels, snowballs, eating snow, snow forts, skating, sledding, snow sculptures. It takes me a little while to get excited about this particular precipitation because it brings more travel time to town, plus allowing an extra 10 minutes in the morning to prepare for the elements, then wedging kids in big puffy coats into carseats and trying to buckle them up with frozen digits. Nonetheless, it was beautiful. The first snow always ignites a little excitement!

Nora, Nora, Nora. She has this thing about summersaults. She wants to do them everywhere, including the entrance to the public library and the icy sidewalk.

Snow Angel by a Snow Angel!

And another Snow Angel!

A Brother Snow Angel.

Isn't it pretty?

Just after the snow fell, the sun came out.

Snow came, stayed for a few days, then Thanksgiving came and brought with it 50 degree temperatures. The snow quickly disappeared and we enjoyed the Easter-like temperatures to celebrate Thanksgiving at our house. The husband was home for the first Thanksgiving in a few years. I took advantage and put him on turkey duty. (Somehow, NOT having to wake up early, shove my hand into a frozen cavity and try to retrieve random parts made me really happy). We celebrated with my parents, my mother-in-law, my grandma, and my sister and her fiance. The company was great, the food was wonderful. We are so thankful for health, family, and friends (old and new)!

Unfortunately, I did not take pictures on Thanksgiving Day (what a bummer, because the spread of food was BEAUTIFUL). Here are a few from Thanksgiving weekend...


Auntie and Grant were great sports and spend lots of time playing Candyland and Chutes and Ladders with William and Audrey!

Even Nora played a few games!

No comments:

Post a Comment