Thursday, May 3, 2012

3 in 38...and loving it!


I have been feeling a bit lighter lately.  I am attributing it to the fact that my youngest child has had her second birthday.  You see, we had (birthed) three kids in 38 months.  When I tell people this, I often include the disclaimer, "I wanted my children close in age, and they were all planned!"  This is entirely true.  The children were planned to coincide with times that it was feasible to have a baby during residency.  We were so fortunate to have easy pregnancies and healthy babies!



I am in a new world where diapers are at a minimum and each child is able to voice his or her own needs.  One of the best parts of our family is no one is ever lacking a playmate!


The baby of the family is 2, and very physically capable of keeping up with her big brother and sister, we can do things like climb up on the high shelves in the shed.  



We can spend more than 10 minutes on the boat (and even sing a little opera, if you are Audrey!).


Every family is unique, has their own timing, and their idea of the 'right' number of children, but let me tell you, we could not be happier with our three.


Some days are still a little CrAzY....


...but this timing has worked for us.  We wouldn't change it.  We plan on making the most of summer before the oldest heads off to Kindergarten this fall (insert lump in throat and teary eyes---but that is a subject for a later post)!!!


I hope that my babies will someday look back on their childhood with happiness....

No comments:

Post a Comment