Friday, November 30, 2012

THANKFUL!!



I love Thanksgiving!  It's right up there as one of my favorite holidays.  I think because it is all about gathering together with those you love, and sharing a meal.  We love food.  And family.  Thanksgiving was a marathon event this year for us.  We started out celebrating with the Skaudis side, and had a wonderful meal and good wine!

Everyone wants to hold Baby Livia!  She is growing so fast!

Audrey and Mummi Sylvia.

 Nora and Mummi Sylvia.

 The Skaudis men, post-meal recline, listening to John Denver.  

 Next up was dinner with my parents and Grandma Iris.  Mmmm...turkey for lunch and turkey for dinner, without having it leftover.  We drove home through some wicked weather, where my sister and Grant met us.

 Friday was our 3rd and final Thanksgiving meal, prepared by yours truly.  My parents and Grandma Iris came over, and Auntie and Grant.  Here my mother and Grant are enjoying some boozy eggnog! (Is that my mother's reaction to how I mix a drink?!?!?!).

 Grandma Iris and Auntie

 We gather together!

 Oh...the pies!!!

 Nora and Great Grandma Iris, hanging out on the couch together.

 Happy bellies!

 After dinner Friday, we cozied up by a fire.....

 ....and watched silly YouTube videos!

 I had a chance to walk the trails through the woods with Martha.

 These 2 decided to undo some of their Thanksgiving feasts by doing a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD.

A wonderful Thanksgiving was had by all....we can hardly wait for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment