Friday, September 23, 2011

My Boy


I have learned in my short 4.5 years of parenting that there are stages. Some are good and some not quite as good. William (to this point) has had very few not so good stages. He WANTS to obey me, and WANTS to learn, and WANTS to be good. (Am I jinxing myself now, by writing this?!?!). However, this week has been a challenge. We had 3 days of him not listening well, and being really physical with his sisters. He does not hit, kick, punch...but he lifts 'the sisters'. And carries 'the sisters' around, much to their distaste. I was honest with him, and asked what happened to my William that listened, obeyed, and was kind?

Today was a great day with him. Tonight at dinner, William told me, "Your William is back! I am going to obey!" When I put him to bed tonight he asked me, "Do I have to live alone when I get big?"
"Well, you will probably live with your wife and kids."
He sweetly asks, "Could we all live in this house together, because I need you and I love you so much."

My boy is back!
(an old picture---but one of my favorites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment