Thursday, September 6, 2012

A New Chapter

Today is a day I have been dreading for awhile.....William's first day of Kindergarten.  I have been dreading it only for selfish reasons.  I have been home with William his whole life, and I have enjoyed every day of those 5.5 years!  Today marks the end of a cozy, lovey, happy time, having all my babies at home with me.  It also marks the beginning of the next chapter, the exciting adventures of elementary school!  I am so thankful for the school he is at (close to dad's work), and for his teacher (who he thinks is beautiful and super nice, and who I think is going to be a perfect fit for us!).  It's going to be a fun and busy year!

My boy is ready for Kindergarten, and I couldn't be more proud!

LOVE HIM!!

On his way into Kindergarten Warm-Up.  Remarkably, I held it together while in school, and allowed myself to shed a tear in the car.

"There's my MOM!" He was so excited to tell us about his first day!

My babies!  Could they stay this little forever?

I have so much gratitude for my friends (always, but especially this week)...my sweet friend Kelly, who watched Nora so that I could be with William this morning; and lots of others for all the *love*, in person, over the phone, and texts (I think my friends knew this was a big transition for me!).

It should also be noted, the poor husband is busy at work this week, so he has been absent from all these big 'firsts' and has been living vicariously through my pictures.  



No comments:

Post a Comment